There are various kinds of chairs used for different purposes. Depending upon our needs, we can buy desk chairs, armchairs, couches, bean bags, benches, etc. One such type of chair is a drafting chair. These drafting chairs have a different structure compared to regular armchairs. They have more height. Also, the size is adjustable. They are mostly used in barbershops, salons, offices, etc., where taller chairs are required. They have a great design and are very useful. Here is a list of the ten best drafting chairs in the market.
List of the Best Drafting Chairs for Salon, Barbershop & Office in 2024
1. Boss Office Products B1617 BK Ergonomic
- Brand: Boss Office Products
- Warranty: 6 Years
- Material: Textile, Metal
Boss Office Products is a reputed company that makes good quality drafting chairs, tables, cabinets, drawers, seat covers, etc. The unique thing about these chairs is that they have antimicrobial seating. This is very important in today’s world. These chairs provide great stability and comfort. They are both functionally and aesthetically appealing. These drafting chairs are available with or without arms. They have an ergonomic design that reduces the stress on your legs. They also have a stable construction. They can take up to 27 lbs of weight.
- The shape of the seat is very efficient for daily use.
- They have a height adjustment for the seat.
- The diameter of the foot-ring is 20″.
- The foot-ring has a chrome finish.
- Glides can be substituted for casters.
2. Drafting Chair Mid Back Mesh
- Brand: BestOffice
- Material: Mesh
- Weight: 22 pounds
BestOffice is a brand that manufactures excellent office furniture. They make chairs, sofas, standing tables, etc. These drafting chairs can be assembled and unassembled easily. They can be rotated. The seats are made with a high-quality sponge. This provides elasticity. You can sit on these chairs for a long time without feeling any pain in your lower back. These can be used for various purposes. You can relax as well as work while sitting on these chairs. You can raise the seat by pulling the lever handle. The armrests have a unique design. They will help you relieve your stress.
- They are easy to put together.
- These chairs have a foot ring.
- You can adjust the height to match your seating position.
- They have a high quality.
3. Best Overall – Flash Furniture Ergonomic Adjustable BL ZP 8805D BK GG
- Brand: Flash Furniture
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Material: Foam Mesh Nylon Steel
Flash Furniture is a reputed brand for more than 20 years. It makes commercial-grade quality products. This brand is well known and has a long list of satisfied customers. Whether you work from home or go into the office, you will be comfortable working on these chairs. These chairs are tall and can be used for different activities such as sitting, reading, or studying. Even in cases where you have to alternate between sitting and standing continually, these are the ultimate options.
The chair’s strong frame is optimal for students and teachers where the desks are higher than the usual length. All the jobs in which the employees need to be at an elevated height can go for these chairs.
- Breathable mesh back gives support to the lumbar area.
- The flip-up arms are padded, which provides comfort for the arms.
- The adjustment lever allows you to adjust the seat.
- They have a chrome footrest, which reduces pressure on the legs.
4. Drafting Chair Mid Back Mesh
- Brand: 000
- Material: Nylon, Steel
- Weight: 250 pounds
These crafting chairs are easy to assemble. The desk chair is made of high-quality material. It prevents the skin from getting any rashes. The fabric is soft and breathable. It is good for the skin pores. They prevent any backaches that are generally caused by office chairs. You can save space by folding the arms and pushing the chair under the table. The rotating drafting stool is made with castors. You can rotate the chairs as they have a 360-degree swivel. You can adjust the height of the chair according to your requirement. You can fold the armrests and slide them under the table when you are not using them.
- They have an adjustable seat where the height can be 24.8″ to 30.3.”
- These chairs have a supportive sponge to give you a feeling of relaxation.
- They are made of breathable mesh.
- These have nylon smooth-rolling casters.
5. Best Runner Up- Drafting Office Ergonomic Footrest Leather
- Brand: Luckwind
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Material: Leather
The unique thing about these chairs is that they are made with an innovative style. These are very attractive to look at and have a posh, trendy design. They have a strong steel frame. The brand Luckwind is known for its safety and quality of products. They have a mechanism where the casters get locked when seated. This provides 100% safety. You can sit or lean on these chairs. These are especially fit for modern office furniture like a standing desk. The wheels stop moving completely when you put your weight on or lean against the chair.
- It has a design that helps to control the tilt.
- Large chrome adjustable footrest of 5.7.”
- The armrest has leather sleeves.
- The padding comes with a zipper, so it is removable.
6. Drafting Chair Computer Adjustable Footrest
- Brand: BestOffice
- Material: Mesh
- Weight: 28 pounds
Best Office company makes office furniture. They have chairs, sofas, and tables. These chairs are specially made for women. They come in pink color too, which is appealing for women. These drafting chairs can be adjusted well as they have a great height from the ground. You can adjust them as very low or high. They provide comfort for women.
You can practice your hobbies in this chair as it gives comfort for long hours. It pairs nicely with drafting tables and will go well in your office. Additionally, the armrests and foot-rings of these chairs are ergonomic. You can adjust them according to your comfort and body type. Casters are made of nylon, which provides proper stability.
- This chair comes with all hardware & necessary tools for its set up.
- They also have flip-up armrests so that you can save space.
- You can adjust the height and the foot ring to match your seating position.
7. Best Under 100$ – Office Star Drafting Diameter Adjustable
- Brand: Office Star
- Warranty: 3 to 5 Years – depending upon the part
- Material: Stainless Steel
Office Star Products is a company that was established in1987. They make a variety of commercial chairs, furniture, and other things required in an office. These furnishings are great for commercial as well as household use. They have a flexible back. The salon workers will especially love these chairs as the seat can be lowered. This is a useful thing when they have to trim the eyebrows of the customers or give them a facial massage. The easily adjustable seat soaks moisture. It also enables the user to have a comfortable seat positioning. These are made using optimal quality nylon. They also have carpet casters.
- They are made of fabric seats and deluxe mesh back.
- These chairs contain an 18.5″ diameter foot ring.
- Adjustable back and foot ring.
- They provide a height adjustment of 24.25″ to 33.75″.
8. Modway Drafting Chair Black Vinyl
- Brand: Modway
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 45 pounds
These chairs can be used as studio chairs, reception desk chairs, or standing desk chairs. Modway is a trusted brand that makes drafting chairs, mattresses, office chairs, stools, etc. These are comfortable for the body, especially the shoulders and legs.
They have flip-up arms, which makes it easy to learn guitar on them. These drafting chairs are adjustable and are great if you stand at work and need to sit down from time to time. You can control the tilt by tightening or loosening the knob.
- These chairs are made of breathable mesh.
- They have a padded seat that is made of vinyl.
- These contain a foot-ring that you can lock tightly.
- The foot-ring is also chrome plated.
9. Best Value For Money – Ergonomic Mid Back Adjustable Drafting Standing Desk
- Brand: CHAIRMAN
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Material: Nylon, Wood, Steel, Mesh
Chairman is a brand that makes some of the best chairs. They have experience in designing and manufacturing chairs for nearly 15 years. This drafting chair follows the human spine design and fits body curves well. It also shows off streamline shape and a unique presence. The padded foam seat with a rounded waterfall edge contributes to good blood flow by reducing the pressure at the back of the legs and keeps your back and thighs posture perfect. The seats are made of the finest stuffing material.
They are skin-friendly and have no smell at all. These drafting chairs are easy to assemble and take about 25 minutes to build. They follow the BIFMA standard to ensure your safety. They go well with drafting tables. They are a perfect choice for home and workplace.
- These chairs have a good height adjustment range.
- They have a sturdy nylon star-base.
- The footrest is strong, with a 20″ chrome ring.
- They also have universal dual-wheel, easy-rolling casters.
10. Cheapest Among All – Drafting Chair Mid Back Mesh
- Brand: BestOffice
- Material: Mesh
- Weight: 24 pounds
These drafting chairs are effortless to install and come with all hardware & necessary tools. Just follow the instructions to assemble them in about 10-15mins. They come with the new mid-back style, which has an ergonomic design. These chairs are decent in quality and will last for a long time. They are thickly cushioned for maximum comfort.
- They have passed the BIFMA test, and hence they are safe to use.
- The seat is made up of a soft sponge cushion.
- It can tolerate weight up to 250 pounds.
- These chairs have an attractive design.
What Are Drafting Chairs Used For?
Drafting chairs are mostly used in places where taller chairs are required. For example, they are used in salons, where hairdressers cut hair while standing. Thus, the customer needs to be in an elevated position. They can also be used to read, write, play a musical instrument, or in salons and dentist’s offices.
Are Drafting Chairs Comfortable?
Yes, drafting chairs are very comfortable as they have an ergonomic design. Most of them come with an adjustable seat and footrest. The seats are also made of soft materials and have a unique design that provides additional comfort.
What Is The Difference Between Office Chairs And Drafting Chairs?
Office chairs are shorter in height as compared to drafting chairs. Office chairs are mainly used in offices, while drafting chairs are used in salons, bars, counters, or places with an elevated desk.
Drafting chairs have many purposes. They are comfortable and safe to use. They have armrests, foot-rings, and wheels, so they have a good value for money. These chairs are available in various styles and colors, so you can choose what goes well with your interior design. You can use them for personal as well as professional use. They are great for your body posture. They support your spine, arms, and legs. There is a wide range of drafting chairs with different types of features: the quality, price, or dimension changes according to the brands. You should check all the features and buy the chair which is suitable for you.
Last update on 2024-02-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API