An outdoor storage shed doesn’t necessarily have to be an outer storage room. You can use it to free up space in the house or use it as your kids’ playroom. Although the usage differs, the main purpose is that you want the additional space it provides along with security. An outdoor shed allows you to store tools and materials that you don’t use frequently. There are several factors that you should consider; cost, size, quality, durability, and style. Just because it’s going to be put to rough work doesn’t mean it has to look shabby at all. All factors considered, we have set-up a list of top 10 best outdoor storage sheds to help you decide what’s best for your space.
- List of the Top 10 Best Outdoor Storage Sheds in 2021
- 1- Best Overall: Suncast Outdoor Storage Shed
- 2- Best Runner-up: Suncast Stow-away Horizontal Shed
- 3- Best Under $1K: Rubbermaid Outdoor Shed
- 4- Best Value For Money: Keter Factor Outdoor Storage Shed
- 5- Cheapest Among All: Keter Manor Outdoor Storage Shed
- 6- Best For Large Spaces: Lifetime Outdoor Storage
- 7- Suitable For Small Spaces: Rubbermaid Outdoor Storage Shed
- 8- Suitable For Harsh Weather: Rubbermaid Roughneck Outdoor Storage Shed
- 9- Easy To Set-Up: Keter Factor Large Resin Shed
- 10- For Easy Usage: Arrow Outdoor Storage Shed
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
List of the Top 10 Best Outdoor Storage Sheds in 2021
1- Best Overall: Suncast Outdoor Storage Shed
Suncast sheds rank as one of the best options available in the market because of its durability, easy installations, and its compact sizes. This shed is perfect if you have lots of materials lying everywhere but not enough space to install a big shed. You can easily fit into adult bicycles, garden tools, garage tools, and snow blowers.
Wall panels are multi-layered, polypropylene resins, designed for longevity and to provide security to whatever you store in it. The floor is built for heavy materials, so you don’t have to worry about cracking it. It has a sliding lid technology that gives you access to every corner.
- Heavy-duty floor provide a strong base for your tools
- Zero chance of decay and rust
- Slide lid technology lets you access every inch inside of it
- Can store rough tools like a lawnmower
- Lightweight and easily portable
2- Best Runner-up: Suncast Stow-away Horizontal Shed
It’s a beautiful shed that won’t steal the beauty of your garden and can store garbage cans, lawn tools, garden equipment, house supplies, and bicycles. The multi-layered walls are built of polypropylene resin to provide maximum durability. No matter how much it rains, the interior will stay dry.
Gas shock ensures the door opens easily, without clutter. The padlock hasp is a three-door locking system to make sure your equipment and tools stay safe under all weather conditions, be it rain or sun. An instruction manual is provided for easy installation. You can put it up yourself or with the help of your partner.
- Water-resistant walls and roof outdoor storage shed
- Easy to set-up, no need for a technician
- Padlock hasp and three-door lock technology
- Easy to clean and move around
- Comes with 10 years of warranty
3- Best Under $1K: Rubbermaid Outdoor Shed
This outdoor storage shed has a lot of size variations in this series, perfect for all spaces. All of them are leak, dent, and scratch-resistant, so you can be assured that the tools will be safe. It’s designed to last through rough weather; sun, rain, and snow have zero impact on it.
The floor is impact-resistant, which means you can store rough tools, lawnmower, and snow blowers without worry. It doesn’t take up a lot of room but has plenty of space inside it. The wide double doors ensure you can enter easily and put machines that are slightly large. The plastic walls are very thick to protect your tools, but the shed is otherwise lightweight.
- Thick walls keep the content inside protected
- The impact-resistant floor can support big machines and tools
- Weather-resistant; can endure rains, snow, and heat
- Leak-proof, dent-resistant
- Available in different sizes
Also check Top 10 Best Overhead Garage Storages in 2021
4- Best Value For Money: Keter Factor Outdoor Storage Shed
It comes with a lockable door to ensure the safety of your precious tools and supplies. The roof has vents that are strategically placed to provide the necessary ventilation. Shelf brackets are already provided so you can put your own shelves in it. This shed requires minimum maintenance and is weather-proof.
It has a storage capacity of 110 cubic feet, so you can store your patio furniture, lawn tools, supplies, leftover bricks, and mortar from your house projects and gardening equipment. Designed to survive harsh conditions, it’s lightweight for your convenience. You don’t have to worry about the sun damaging the lid as it’s UV-protected.
- UV-protected, water-proof
- Vents prevent it from getting musky
- 110 cu. feet storage capacity
- Has inbuilt brackets for shelves
- Low maintenance and easy to set-up
5- Cheapest Among All: Keter Manor Outdoor Storage Shed
This storage shed has an internal storage space of 131 cu. Feet and can hold all your fertilizer bags, lawnmower, garden supplies, and leftover bricks. It has a fixed window with a vent at the top to provide adequate ventilation. So you don’t have to worry about the inside getting too humid or musky.
It requires zero maintenance and is easy to clean. You can fit in big tools easily thanks to the double doors. The grey design also adds more beauty to your garden or lawn. This is great for when you have a lot of tools but not enough space for a bigger shed.
- Storage capacity is 131 cubic feet
- Double door entry for easy access
- Vents and a fixed window
- Weather-proof and zero maintenance
- Has a floor capacity of 30 PSF
6- Best For Large Spaces: Lifetime Outdoor Storage
This 15ft wide outdoor storage shed is a mini building itself. It has two shatter-proof windows made of polycarbonate, 6 mini skylights, two peg strips, two shelves of 90 x 9 inches, and four additional corner shelves. The dual walls are UV-protected with high-density polyethylene and have steel wall support.
Its high roof makes sure that rain and snow can’t get inside. This is great for large spaces, and you can pretty much store everything inside the box. It comes with 10 years of warranty as well, great, isn’t it? The steel trusses are heavy-duty to make sure the roof never caves. Its’ lock is steel-enforced to provide maximum security.
- Has a total of six shelves
- Walls have steel support
- The entire set is UV-protected
- Steel enforced lock
- Big enough to provide a lot of space without looking shabby
7- Suitable For Small Spaces: Rubbermaid Outdoor Storage Shed
This one is specifically built for gardening supplies and narrow equipment, as it’s a vertical shed. It has a double wall for strength and comes with a one year warranty. If you love gardening and have a lot of supplies lying around, then this is perfect for you. As of now, it has two color options; beige and brown.
The set-up is dent-resistant, leak-proof, and weather-proof to provide you maximum security. The storage capacity is around 18 cubic feet. If you don’t have much space in your lawn or backyard, then this is your best solution as it can hold a lot of supply. It is fairly easy to assemble and comes with a manual.
- Impact-resistant floor
- Weather-proof and dent-proof
- Double walls for safekeeping
- Is available in two colors
- Perfect for tight spaces
Also check Top 10 Best Deck Storage Boxes in 2021
8- Suitable For Harsh Weather: Rubbermaid Roughneck Outdoor Storage Shed
This shed has five size variations to suit all your needs. Its’ walls are double layered and impact-resistant. Unlike the wooden and metal sheds, this will neither rot nor rust. It’s perfect for storing garden supplies, tools that are long-handled, and lawn machines. With this, you won’t have to worry about maintenance as it’s quite easy to clean.
This shed lockable so you can just get a lock for additional safety. You don’t need any handyman to install it; with the instruction manual, you can do it yourself. It doesn’t include pegs. Instead, it comes with metal connections that you can easily drill into it.
- Metal connectors for easy installation
- Double-walled, impact-proof floor
- Lightweight and easily portable
- Can be set up in 4-5 hours
- Size variations for all your need
9- Easy To Set-Up: Keter Factor Large Resin Shed
With big internal storage, the outdoor storage shed has two storage shelves and a skylight. This outer shed is suitable for a range of tools such as pool accessories, children’s toys, lawnmower, garden supplies, and tools. It’s built with special care so it can fuse in with your garden without sticking out like a sore thumb.
The plastic is polypropylene resin and has the floor and roof capacity of 15PSF & 30PSF, respectively. It has a wooden structure, so it will only enhance your space, and the entire set-up is steel-enforced. The shed can also endure heavy snowfall and rain. Double doors ensure you never struggle with putting bigger tools in it.
- Won’t rust or peel
- Has vents for air circulation
- Has a skylight and window
- Polypropylene resin and steel enforcement
- Large internal storage
10- For Easy Usage: Arrow Outdoor Storage Shed
If you don’t have any heavy tools and want a basic shed for your supplies, then this is perfect for you. The assembling instructions are easy, and it comes with pre-drilled parts, so the steps that you might have had trouble with are already done for you.
Everything is already pre-cut out for you, so no need to splurge on a handyman. The ceiling is slanted for quick drainage of snow and rain. It has a storage space of 440 cubic feet and can support big tools. The design stands out in all the right ways. Mid-wall braces are provided for additional strength.
- Pre-drilled and pre-cut for easy installation
- Mid-wall braces provide additional strength to the walls
- Has a slanted ceiling for extra headroom and quick drainage
- The storage space is 440cu. feet
- Paint over the galvanized steel structure
Back in the days, storage sheds were used simply for storage space, but now the designs have evolved. Their aesthetics and style make them multi-purpose. You can use them for a dollhouse for your toddlers, a tiny studio, and of course, for storing all your garage & garden tools. We have set-up this list while keeping in mind all possible scenarios; tight space, modest spaces, and large spaces. All of them have great features and are well-established brands in the market. A shed’s main purpose is to provide you with storage space, but gone are the days when you had to splurge on a handyman to get a shabby shed. All the listed products are by reliable sellers, affordable and stylish.