Chainsaws are devices with rotating chains with sharp teeth that are used mainly for cutting wood. They can be used for shaping furniture, harvesting timber, manufacturing various products, etc. Chainsaws require maintenance from time to time. The blades can get blunted after a particular time. So, chainsaw sharpeners are essential for sharpening the teeth of the saw chains. They are widely used by people who use chainsaws regularly. They are also available for occasional use.
There are many brands that make good quality sharpeners. You can buy them after comparing their design, cost, strength, weight, and price. Here is a list of the top 10 chainsaw sharpeners so that you can easily categorize them and choose the one which is best for you.
- List of the 10 Chainsaw Sharpeners in 2021
- 1. Best Value For Money – Oregon 410 120 Bench Mounted Grinder
- 2. STIHL Easy Chainsaw Chain Sharpener
- 3. Best Overall – LEGENDARY-YES Electric Grinder Chainsaw Sharpener
- 4. Granberg Bar Mount Chain Sharpener G 106B
- 5. Best Under 40 $ – Buffalo Tools ECSS Electric Sharpener
- 6. Cheapest Among All – Universal Bar Mount Sharpening Sharpener
- 7. Best Runner Up – Oregon 310 120 Bench Mounted Grinder
- 8. Chainsaw Sharpener Professional Multi Angles Automatic
- 9. STIHL Easy Chainsaw Chain Sharpener
- 10. Blue Max 5655 Electric Bench Chainsaw Sharpener
List of the 10 Chainsaw Sharpeners in 2021
Video Review of Chainsaw Sharpener by Sawing with Sandy
1. Best Value For Money – Oregon 410 120 Bench Mounted Grinder
- Brand: Oregon
- RPM: 3150
- Weight: 17 Pounds
Oregon bench mounted grinder is a universal sharpener that makes it very convenient to sharpen almost any chain saw. It is handy and durable. This makes it perfect for those who want to use it once in a while. It is safe to handle because of its unique design. The grinding wheels are high quality, and they give a finishing touch to the chain. It is meant for wall and bench mounting. It can be used for both heavy and occasional use. Oregon is a trustworthy brand. The steel blades are made of premium quality. It is optimal for uses like wood cutting.
- It Contains an in-built light for safe use at all times.
- An interchangeable mount is provided.
- This contains a vice with a new design for high performance.
- The motor rotates in only one direction for better safety.
2. STIHL Easy Chainsaw Chain Sharpener
- Brand: Stihl
- Style: Sharpener
- Weight: 12.3 Ounces
Stihl is a brand that is known for its variety of products. They make tools and equipment like chainsaws, chains, bars, garden shredders, tillers, fuels, oils, cleaning systems, etc. They even provide servicing of products. They use innovative technology for all products, which reduces human effort. They are made with an ergonomic design. The substances used for making them are not harmful to the environment. The sharpener is great for occasional use. The sharpener has good quality blades. It is the best option when it comes to woodcutting. Very handy and doesn’t require practice before sharpening.
- It gives an in-depth sharpness in one step.
- It is made of the best quality metal.
- The low weight makes it a very efficient tool.
- The standard pattern makes it easy to use.
3. Best Overall – LEGENDARY-YES Electric Grinder Chainsaw Sharpener
- Brand: Legendary-Yes
- RPM: 4200
- Weight: 5.74 Pounds
It is an electric sharpener. It can be mounted to a bench, wall, or vice. This enables convenient sharpening. It is excellent for fast sharpening. It has high power and acceleration. Its design makes it safe for use. The materials are long-lasting. It is simple yet dynamic. This makes it very convenient. The rotation rollers are fitted in such a way that you won’t require much setting it up. You can sharpen without any harm to the chain. Or you can also get the chainsaw chaps to protect other part of your body.
- Chain vice design is such that it can sharpen all types of chains.
- The sharpening angle is adjustable.
- It can be mounted to benches, walls, and tables.
- Height and scale can be adjusted as needed.
4. Granberg Bar Mount Chain Sharpener G 106B
- Brand: Granberg
- Material: Aluminium and Zinc
- Weight: 1.05 Pounds
This is a top brand in California, USA. It has been making products for more than 35 years, and its unique designs are the creation of Elof Granberg. It supplies its high-quality products all over the world. They make chainsaw mills and its accessories like sharpeners, ripping chains, and Alaskan winches. They even make their own merchandise like t-shirts and mugs. The sharpener is widely used in this field because of its durability. Users can change and adjust the file height and length of the tooth.
- It allows fast and easy sharpening of all types of chains.
- It can be mounted to any saw with files of all sizes.
- The aluminum and zinc-plated steel makes this a top-quality sharpener.
- Calibrated guide markings are provided so that it is positioned at the correct angle.
5. Best Under 40 $ – Buffalo Tools ECSS Electric Sharpener
- Brand: Buffalo Tools
- RPM: 4200
- Weight: 4.1 Pounds
Buffalo Tools is a company that imports tools internationally. These are tools that can be used for industrial as well as home use. The prices are low, so these tools are affordable with high quality. They make many other things like furniture, stools, tables, generators, leaf blowers, and even ice cream makers. A sharpener is a handy tool for home use. You don’t need to go to the store for maintenance of your saw chain.
You can save your time and money by sharpening it yourself. You don’t have to use a blunt chainsaw anymore. This will reduce your work and make cutting easy and precise. It is effortless to carry and comes in an attractive red color.
- It is an electric sharpener.
- The mount is adjustable for all types of chains.
- It can be mounted to a bench, wall, and vice.
6. Cheapest Among All – Universal Bar Mount Sharpening Sharpener
- Brand: Live It Right Forever
- Material: Steel
- Weight: 2.38 Pounds
This is a chainsaw sharpening kit with a two-hole sharpener, sharpening stones, depth gauge, file guide, handle, and fillers. The sharpener will ensure that your saw chain is always razor-sharp. It can be used for many types of equipment. It sharpens the blades fast so that you don’t waste time in the maintenance of your tools.
It works for many types of equipment. It is very affordable and one of the best sharpeners for a low price. It is reliable and safe to use. If you need to sharpen the teeth of your chainsaw, this is the best solution. You will also get all the tools in a bag for carrying it easily. The blades are made of ABS plastic, which sharpens the chain efficiently.
- It contains three replaceable whetstones.
- Files are made of premium carbon steel.
- It is portable and hence easy to carry wherever required.
- The angle of the sharpener can be adjusted as needed with hands.
7. Best Runner Up – Oregon 310 120 Bench Mounted Grinder
- Brand: Oregon
- RPM: 5000
- Weight: 5.79 Pounds
Oregon is one of the best in business. Their priority lies in what they can do for the customers. They make a wide range of tools and products like chainsaw sharpeners, forestry, and tree care, lawn and garden maintenance products, and outdoor equipment. In chainsaw sharpening too, they provide options like electrical and manual sharpeners. The Oregon 310 Bench Mounted Grinder is an electric sharpener.
It is a mini sharpener, and hence it is the best alternative to a regular sharpener. It is suitable for sharpening smaller saw chains or other items. You can even save space as it is smaller in size. It can be used mainly in garages or personal workshops. It is cheaper than the full-size sharpener, so you will also save money. The motor rotates in one direction and hence provides safety.
- It is cheaper and smaller in size. Thus, it is optimal for low volume usage.
- It contains two extra grinding wheels.
- Enables precise angles and positioning in small areas.
8. Chainsaw Sharpener Professional Multi Angles Automatic
- Brand: Funshoppingmall
- RPM: 3000
- Weight: 15.07 Pounds
Funshoppingmall has products which give a good value for money. All the products are unique and interesting, especially the various toys. The sharpener has a great design. It can be adjusted from many angles. It is relatively easy to operate. Once it is mounted firmly, you don’t have to move it. It accurately sharpens the vital parts. The cast aluminum makes it high in quality. There is an in-built light for safety. It is durable and sturdy at the same time. You can effortlessly adjust the depth. You have to push buttons to change the settings.
- This electric sharpener gives easy and precise results.
- It consists of a shield to protect the machine from dust or a harsh environment.
- It is made of a cast aluminum frame, which provides depth and sharpness.
9. STIHL Easy Chainsaw Chain Sharpener
- Brand: Stihl
- Material: Steel
- Weight: 12 Ounces
The chainsaw sharpener by Stihl is the best manual sharpener. It is meant for occasional use. If you need to sharpen your chainsaw once in a while, it is better to do it quickly and easily at home. It is sharp, and hence it gives a good depth with each stroke. This sharpener kit contains two round files, a flat file, a holder, and a filing guide.
- It comes with additional tools for maintenance.
- It is small, light, and durable. So, it is best for occasional use.
- The handle provides a grip for accurate cutting.
10. Blue Max 5655 Electric Bench Chainsaw Sharpener
- Brand: Blue Max
- RPM: 4200
- Weight: 5.8 Pounds
Blue Max makes many tools and equipment such as chains, home tool kits, etc. The electric sharpener can be mounted to a bench or wall for accurate sharpening. It can be fitted to all types and pitches. The mounting angle can be adjusted up to thirty-five degrees.
- It consists of a sharpening wheel.
- Easy to use and handy tool.
- It has a versatile design for different types of chains.
1. What Is The Best Way To Sharpen A Chainsaw?
The best way to sharpen a chainsaw is by using a chainsaw sharpener. You can either use an electric or a manual sharpener, depending on your saw chain and use.
2. Do Chainsaw Sharpeners Work Well?
Yes, chainsaw sharpeners are a perfect tool for the maintenance and quality check of your chainsaw. After using them a few times, your saw chains can get a bit blunt. You don’t have to replace them every time or go to the store for their servicing. You can do it on your house using a safe and easy technique, i.e., by using a sharpener.
3. Which Chainsaws Are Suitable For Home Use?
The Stihl manual sharpener and the Oregon mini grinder are both great for home use. You can use them for occasional and light sharpening.
4. How Often Should I Sharpen My Chainsaw?
You can sharpen your chainsaw as and when required. It depends on your chainsaw type and how often you use it. If you use it for heavy cutting, you need to sharpen it at least once a week. If you use it occasionally, you can sharpen it once every three months. Check if your saw chain is blunt. If so, it is an indicator that you need to sharpen it.
To sum it up, chainsaw sharpeners are handy and durable. They are easy to use. They have versatile designs. They are safe, so you don’t have to worry about hurting yourself if you are careful. Instead of running to the servicing store every time, you can sharpen your chainsaw at home or in your workshop. This is why chainsaw sharpeners are high in demand. They are a must-have tool if you are in the field of outdoor work or maintenance.
You can mount them to benches, walls, and vices. They can be electrical as well as manual. They have spare parts in the kit which can be replaced. The price range varies according to your budget and the design of the sharpener. So keep all these things in mind to buy the right type of sharpener for your chainsaw.
Last update on 2021-04-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API